Tuesday, January 11, 2011

hoosier re-organized

The new year is here and along with everyone and their mother, I am trying to get organized. This has been a goal of mine for …...well......forever. Sorry Mr Mc Bee but after keeping a fairly organized notebook in middle school I was never able to use those skills in real life. So this year I am going to tackle the “hot-spots” of clutter and disorganization in my house.
The first place I started (sorry no before picture) was my hoosier. This thing is the catch all for everyone in my family. I will probably work on this area all year but right now it is cleaned and organized.



as you can see I have a recipe book collection on the top. My teacups in there.....mmmm tea! I also store all kitchen towels in here as well as some of the creative things (crayons, colored pencils, etc) here for easy reach for the boys. The notebooks are my organizers for personal recipes, the homeschool group, Ike’s math and sewing patterns. See that little bit of counter.....that's the “trouble” zone. Everybody sets stuff there. I really need to figure out a way to stop it.

4 comments:

  1. Love it!!! I've been doing this same thing in my house for weeks!!! This looks beautiful, by the way, great job Les!!! (huge pats on back!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! i really want to be more organized this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! The new year brings hope for organization and a slimming down of anything that is not necesary. Tough to do but after the excesses of Christmas, and seeing a new calendar, it's a perfect time for those thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have to admit, it was long before this was cluttered again. ***sigh*** life with boys!

    ReplyDelete