Tuesday, January 12, 2016

new year, new me.....no not like you think.






the new year has just begun and i am seeing things about resolutions everywhere. i am not a big one for resolutions. Heck i'm good the way i am, but it doesn't mean i let the new year begin without any thought to what my intentions are. One thing that i like to do is pick a guiding word for the year. This year i have chosen the word Pause....yup i need to stop and breathe. i need to stop and breathe so that i don't just react. i need to remember to pause so that i can think about what is happening and what is the best way to respond. for so many years i was reactionary, i never really gave thought to what i did or said, i just did them. my intention this year is to pause, to really respond from a better place of love than just reacting.
i also thought that a mantra for the pause would be a wonderful idea, something to wrap my reaction around. the mantra that i have chosen for this year is "I am present". how many times have i responded, out of habit. i have been guilty of responding like my mom would've. i am responding from the place of my past. i am responding in a way that no longer serves me (or anyone else). the small prayer of 'I am present' reminds me that what is important is here, now, right in front of me.
Another thing that i am inspired to do is to make a list of things that make me feel amazing. this is from the workshop Hibernate from Heather Burggeman. so i sat down and for a few minutes i jotted down the things that recharge me, that make me feel amazing.
so here you go, my feel amazing list:

  1. hot  coffee and conversation
  2. resting
  3. reading, reading, reading
  4. yoga!
  5. music, dancing
  6. silence
  7. good food and good friends
  8. creating (sewing, crocheting)
  9. gardening
that's what i came up with in a few minutes, i'm sure that i could add more. I have the beginnings of inspired amazing things that i can refer to it when i need a pick me up. i can also use this list to remind myself to take care of me. being a mom i have to be really conscious of making sure my cup is full. it is so hard as a homeschooling mom to do this. it is easy to give and give to everyone but myself. 
The new year is going to be amazing! i am so full of hope and inspiration for the things to come this year. How do you mark the new year? are you a resolutions person, a word of the year person or do you leave it all be?

6 comments:

  1. I'm a sort of word-of-the-year person too. But also need a step by step plan to integrate that word into my life/interactions/thoughts. I'm taking Heather's Hibernate course too. Looking forward to it. By the way, I love your list... Much Love sent your way!
    Love,
    Sage

    ReplyDelete
  2. word of the year and mantras make way more sense to me than resolutions. for me the step by step became pause and pray (this is where the mantra comes in) works well for me on this part of my journey. i let my actions become reactionary and this really helps me come and stay in the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learn so much from you friend. Thanks 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome!
      we really need to get together soon for coffee!

      Delete
    2. you're welcome!
      we really need to get together soon for coffee!

      Delete